Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Garden


For people that know me they know that I do not like the idea of growing flowers in a garden. I just find it a waste of money and space when I can grow great produce and herbs to feed myself. Maintained, a garden of various vegetables like peppers, tomatoes and an assortment of herbs can look just as good as flowers and it will smell better to.
I love flowers for their looks and like to have them around the house but I love digging into the black soil, clay and sand planting my vegetables and sowing the seeds. The entire time I think of pickling the extra green beans with the chillies I am growing for antipasto platters, pepper jellies, roasted cherry tomatoes with garlic and fresh basil. The possibilities are endless when you can just walk out your back door.






So what is in the garden?
42 Green Bean Plants
4 Roma Tomato Plants
2 cucumber plants
1 egg plant
2 Health Kick Tomato Plants
4 Golden Cherry Tomato Plants
3 Red Cherry Tomato Plants
1 Chili
1 Cayenne Pepper
2 Banana Pepper Plants
3 Red Pepper Plants
4 small hot red pepper plants
Basil
Oregano
Chicory
Swiss Chard
Red Leaf Lettuce
Parsley
Thyme
Mesclun






No comments:

Post a Comment