Thursday, March 25, 2010

The X-Factor

I know I said I would get into slow food but that will be shortly. The past week has been a realization to myself and what my company stands for. When I started this company I was on the verge of bankruptcy. I had $60 in my bank account and no credit left after being laid off for 7 months. Now almost a year later I am back looking at risk.

The biggest risk to a business is insurance, if you have it you spend a lot of money if nothing happens if something does it can save you. Though hardly in the position financially, I have decided to take on insurance for bids and to really push for what I say my company is about. It is one thing to talk a big game but it is this risk that will make me viable to go against the corporations and in this case Aramark.

There is not a student in the educational system that does not hate Aramark. Over priced and horrible quality. I vowed when I was in culinary school that I would bring good food to schools. Now with the first year with Jean Vanier coming to a close it is time to move my school initiative forward. There really is no going back now, I am the x-factor in the equation of catering companies. No one knows what to expect.....at least my chefs knew I was passionate.

I have decided to give up sleep for the next few months and go back to a life of coffee and get more work. There is no success without sacrifice, and this definitely is not going to be an easy journey.

If you are interested in the School Initiative see www.artisanalpalate.com and download it off the front page.

Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment