Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lights, Camera....Perfection?

In about 24 hours from this post at Johnny Rocco's in Niagara Falls we should be serving the last dishes of Iron Chef Niagara. A charity competition that puts 8 local chefs against each other for bragging rights. No chef in this competition wants to lose and that is extremely true for myself. Not only am I the youngest chef in the competition but the most on the line. As an owner and a chef of Artisanal Palate it means a lot of me to win the whole competition.

The industry that I find myself, is also one of the most competitive and in pour economic times one that has taken a massive hit. All of these other chefs collect pay cheques, I have to create mine. So when it is my turn to plate this round (and possibly beyond) I am in search for perfection with every plate. I do not except less when it is for a paying client and I definitely will not except it at a charitable event. Their will be 150 people possible tomorrow night and that is a lot of people that will talk if you did well or not.

I am nervous and excited. I love what I do and it is competition like this that bring me to another level. If in the mean time we can raise a ton of money for charity then that is even more rewarding.

If you want tickets for Jan 26th for Iron Chef call 905-358-0004.

Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment