Monday, February 21, 2011

"I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

I have always enjoyed The Rolling Stones, and the song "Satisfaction" seems to be on my mind a lot lately. I just can't get any satisfaction when it comes to food. I have not had the chance to sit down to my own meals and have found my self over the past week eating non-descript bland and just uninspiring food. A look into the fridge today lent no great results and was bare of any vegetables and particular proteins. In the slow periods I crave to be cooking and working on new menus, but alas sometimes it is not possible.





So while looking through the house to figure out what to make for supper I ended up finding some oranges. When I started cutting off the peel I came up with a citrus salad...I don't know why I just did. Then I went through my freezer praying I had some white fish and found some Basa. So now I was starting to get the beginnings of a pretty decent dinner. Finally I lucked out with some couscous.





So after a week I can finally get some satisfaction. I present to you:





Pan Seared Basa with Sweet Chili Orange Salad with Gewurztraminer Couscous

Sometimes it is fun to just look through your house and see what you have in stock. Sometimes you can make some good meals without needing to spend another $100 no groceries and not using them.

Slainte and Happy Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment