Monday, February 7, 2011

Opportunity

I have written about the mentality change a few times within Artisanal Palate. The change has been huge in 2011 where we are being very aggressive in our marketing, branding and going after new opportunity. Before I was worried so much about my competitors, my age and my bank that I let a lot slip past.

Well after a successful win in the quarter finals at Iron Chef Niagara and getting some business mentors the company and of course myself have gained some confidence. The exposure from our events has been amazing and everyone is really enjoying what we are doing. That shows me that we are on the right track and need to press even harder and faster to move ahead.

Another opportunity has come up for our restaurant and we had a great meeting with the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo about their first event happening in Niagara in May. The deal that they have worked out for us would be the biggest exposure the company has seen and one that I am not about to pass up. So as we keep having fun and making things bigger and better in 2011, I just keep being reminded of opportunity.

The fact that opportunity is so easy to take for granted I have learned at my young age that you can't do that. For every opportunity that shows up doesn't necessarily mean there will be another one right after. So if something comes up, I will give up sleep because after all the business is no longer a dream, its a goal.

We want to be bigger and better in 2011. I challenge you to take up any opportunity that passes your way as well.

Slainte and Happy Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment