Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines Day: Private Passion Experiment

Two months ago I was contacted by a woman who remembers me for a private function I put on for her and her friends while I was working at Savoia. The party was to take my chef's hors d'oeuvres and pair the wines helping him make any changes so that they would work better. We had a lot of fun and I created some new cocktails for them. Well for this saturday she wanted me to put together a private Passion Experiment dinner for 10 people. The best part of these dinners is the people that really love food and give you complete freedom on what to do. Over the past while I rewrote the menu a few times so I thought I would share with you the menu for Saturday.


Beginning of the Event

Cocktails

Rose Champagne
Truis Brut with Rose Water and Grand Marnier. Garnish of Rose Petal
Gin and Tonic
Bombay Sapphire with Crush Lime, Coriander Cress, Preserved Lemon Peel, Grand Marnier, Tonic and Infused Simple Syrup.
Cherry Rose Manhattan
Sherry Cask Whiskey with Rose & Cherry Infused Vermouth Syrup and Caramelized Orange Peel

Hors D'oeuvres

Smoked Salmon on Crustini with Almond and Sauteed Apple Goat Cheese
Steak Tartare
Mushroom Bruschetta on Truffle Crustini
Oysters with Rose Water Mignonet
Seared Lamb with Mustard Crust
At Table
Local Cheeses and In house Charcuterie
Buttermilk Potato Bread and Semolina Torpedo
White Wine Herb Butter
First Course
Roasted Red Beet Terrine with Light Herb Goat Cheese
Topped with Julienned Apple, Micro Greens and White Wine Vinaigrette

Second Course
Butter Poached Lobster with Guanciale and Frisee Salad Placed in a bowl with Lobster Bisque to be Poured Table Side
Third Course
Seared Duck Breast on top of Mushroom Ravioli Tossed in White Wine Cream Sauce and Cherry Duck Reduction
Fourth Course
Red Velvet Cake Layered with White Chocolate and Cream Cheese Mousse accompanied with Vanilla Rose Ice Cream

Hungry Yet?
There will be all kinds of photos and possibly some video taken of the night. As far as the connection of love, sex and food, that is our little secret. You will just have to find out by ordering your very own experiment.
Slainte and Happy Cooking

Remember to Check out http://www.niagaracatering.ca/ for the best in Niagara culinary and catering

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! My only comment would be to share something I read in restaurant review yesterday:

    "Though the first four forkfuls impress, a monochromatic red beet risotto ($16) soon bores, a dead ringer of the same beet and goat cheese salad served at virtually every beanery in town, only warm and puréed."

    It seems maybe the love affair with beets, particularly with goat cheese, is waning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt the same with so many but I add a few different tricks to make things a little more interesting and I keep the portion size small.

    Beat Risotto would be too much for me. maybe in a 3 oz portion

    ReplyDelete